Thursday, April 3, 2008
my day at the dentist
I spent the morning at the dentist getting three--yes, three--cavities filled. I've been putting it off since November and finally decided to just go and get it done before they turned into more serious problems. I talked a friend into watching the kids and walked the ten or so blocks to their new office. I must admit that it felt weird going somewhere alone. All. By. Myself. I kept looking around and feeling around for things as if I had forgotten something. I think I do take for granted having the stroller--and thus, necessities such as a water bottle, snacks, tissues, wipes, etc--with me. I felt a bit naked without it. As you can imagine, the dentist was loads of fun. It was a lovely hour-long episode of dry mouth, drilling, dentist smell, dentist noises, and numb face fun. At one point I wasn't sure my saliva would ever return and thought I might be doomed to dry mouth disaster forever. I think I will now be brushing my teeth more frequently and not planning any more visits to the dentist any time soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment