Friday, April 4, 2008

in beverage heaven

Last week, David took Sarah to see a movie. I figured this would be the perfect time to get a little grocery shopping done without Sarah tagging along, begging for things, and touching everything within her reach. I headed down to the local grocery store and got:
  • one gallon of milk
  • two cartons Tropicana orange juice
  • one 2-liter of root beer
  • a bag of carrots
  • for a total of like $12.00
I walked home, put the groceries away, and sat down on the couch. Just then David and Sarah walked in with bags from the very same grocery store. Their purchases included:
  • one gallon of milk
  • two cartons Tropicana orange juice
  • one 2-liter of cream soda
  • three yogurts
  • ice pops (similar to popsicles)
  • for a total of like $14.00
Now, instead of $12.00 worth of beverages, we have $26.00 worth of the very same beverages and are in beverage heaven. I thought it was so funny that we bought nearly the exact same groceries. The grocery store is so small I'm surprised we didn't bump into one another there and discover we were doubling up on our purchases.

No comments: