Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ministering Mush By the Mouthfuls

“What do you want for breakfast?” I asked my honey crush. He gave a look that made me almost blush. “Something good, take your time and please don’t rush”. So I fixed him a big bowl of cracked wheat ‘mush’!
We have it once a week and he actually fixed it today. With nuts, brown sugar and craisins, you will gobble it down so fast you wont even remember it's mush and that you don't like it. As a kid my mom made us eat oatmeal mush. I hated it. Always the last one to leave the table until my bowl was clean. One day I dumped it all out on the table and plopped a loaf of home made bread on top, announcing I was done eating. I got busted. She tried Malt-o-Meal. It was worse. Then she found another hot cereal, cracked wheat mush, Roman Meal. I could actually eat all of it.

No comments: