Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Every Member a Missionary


A year ago, Bess, a friend of Jenn's, she worked with asked her about the Church. Much was shared about why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints members are happy and do what they do. Bess was invited to join the Stevenson family at church on Sundays. Soon she was receiving the missionary discussions, reading the Book of Mormon and committing to baptism.

It all started because Bess asked a question. Jenn was a friend, as well as missionary. Now here is it one year later & Bess received her endowments, on March 30th in the Spokane Temple. We are outside while the ceremony is taking place with Jennifer in attendance.

Last night the missionaries came by our house. They asked me to introduce them to the Meier's, a family in our neighborhood. They want to bear their testimonies & share the gospel message. I've been a friend of Janet Meier's, an inactive member, for several years. Her five children ages 8 to 18 are not members. What a gift if they hear & accept the gospel.

The challenge has been made. Now I need to step up to the plate and show Heavenly Father how much I love him, by inviting his beloved children to share in the joy I have. Pray for them to be ready & me to be a missionary & 'Do it'.

No comments: