Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baby Emma is HERe!


I tried to post photos but my eternally slow dial-up is very slow on Sundays. I will try photos again tomorrow.

Emma Delight Stevenson was born October 26th at 11:01 AM. She was 8 lbs 11 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Labor was only about 3 1/2 hours & I only pushed for 5 min. Thankfully since I was not allowed drugs of ANY kind!
Jacob wants to hold her constantly and helps to put in her binki whether she wants it or not. Kade is mostly oblivious to her. Noah thinks he should be paid for "babysitting" her if he sits on the couch and holds her for 2 min while watching TV.
Emma shares her birthday with her big sister MaKayla who turned 15. MaKayla was not excited about sharing "her day."
The boys are all very excited and are being very "helpful."

When I went to the Dr. on Friday & he still wouldn't induce me I was very angry! So I decided I needed to do things to induce myself. So I decided to strip all the wallpaper off in the only working bathroom & repaint. While Mike was taking down the 2 huge mirrors he asked if he could rip off the pink & blue tile backsplash. I said the only project was to repaint but let him try to take off just 1. It popped right off & I said take it all down! It took 3 min to take down & load in the garbage. So it was almost all painted when Mom & Dad came.
After a few days of Mom & Dad here I asked Dad to take down the panelling in just the hallway to see how the walls looked. There was only a few minor patches & asked if he (& Mike) was willing to do the entry also. The entry had a major wall that had no sheetrock at all! Most of the space had orange peel & Dad skim coated the entire thing to make it look nice. So with drywall dust coating everything from the hall to every surface in the house we are trying to survive. We will paint after they leave on Tuesday. Finally we are starting to make this house ours after 4 1/2 years!

No comments: